- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 55 MIN
- SERVINGS: 18 to 24
Bacon really does make everything better. It gives these easy oatmeal cookies a hint of smoky flavor and a little bit of crunch.
- 2 strips of bacon
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Lay the bacon on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is quite crispy, turning half way. Remove from the oven, carefully pour off the bacon fat and reserve it for another use. Set the bacon aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle crumble the bacon into small pieces.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, sugars and eggs with an electric mixer until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add the flour, baking soda, vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon and mix until just combined. Add the oats and crumbled bacon and stir until combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, 9-12 cookies per sheet depending on the size of your cookie sheet and how big you make your cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until they are slightly brown along the edges but still soft in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer them to a baking sheet to finish cooling.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.