Bacon, Cheese and Scrambled Egg Sandwiches with Hollandaise
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
"These were a staple of my Sunday brunch when I was a line cook at the Admiral Risty restaurant in Rancho Palos Verdes, in Southern California," says Greg Lindgren, who now co-owns some of San Francisco's best bars, including Rye and 15 Romolo. The decadent take on eggs Benedict includes scrambled eggs "with anything and everything," Greg says: Canadian bacon, cheese and jalapeños, all covered with hollandaise sauce.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Four 1/4-inch-thick slices of Canadian bacon (3 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 pickled jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese (3 1/2 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 split English muffins, toasted
- Classic Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over high heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until very lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the olives, jalapeños and tomato and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the eggs and scramble, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula, until just set, about 2 minutes. Add the Gruyère and stir just until melted. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the toasted English muffins on 4 plates. Spoon the scrambled eggs on the muffins and top with the Classic Hollandaise Sauce. Garnish with the chives and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.