- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1/2 CUP
Serve hot or warm with chicken, spinach salad or full-flavored fish, such as bluefish.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 6 ounces thickly sliced double-smoked bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Add the bacon to the skillet, cover with cold water and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, then drain and pat dry.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a plate. Whisk the vinegar into the fat in the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Add the pine nuts and bacon just before serving the dressing hot or warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.