- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes one 12-inch pizza
This over-the-top breakfast pizza features crisp bacon, custardy scrambled eggs and two cheeses—Brie and mozzarella.
- 6 ounces thick-sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch lardons
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche
- 3 ounces Brie, thinly sliced (with rind, if desired)
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded
- Snipped chives, for garnish
- Set a pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°. Spread the bacon in a pie plate and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once, until nearly crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream and a pinch of salt. In a medium nonstick skillet, cook the eggs and 1 tablespoon of the butter over low heat, whisking frequently, until small curds form and the eggs are creamy, about 12 minutes. Remove the eggs from the heat. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and season with salt.
- On a lightly floured work surface, stretch out the pizza dough to a 12-inch round and transfer to a lightly floured pizza peel. Spread the crème fraîche evenly over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Top with the crispy bacon, Brie and mozzarella.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for about 7 minutes, until lightly golden and bubbling. Remove the pizza from the oven and spoon the scrambled eggs on top. Slide the pizza back onto the stone and bake for 2 minutes longer, until the eggs are hot. Garnish with chives, cut into wedges and serve.
The best wine for this over-the-top dish has a touch of sugar to match the food's richness. Try a Riesling from Washington state.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.