- 1 3/4 ounces VS Cognac
- 3/4 ounce fruity red wine, such as Claret or Merlot
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce light brown sugar syrup (1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar mixed with 1/2 tablespoon warm water)
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Cognac, wine, lemon juice and brown sugar syrup. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled ice-filled red wine glass and garnish with the nutmeg.
Contributed By Chris Hannah Photo © Lucas Allen