Baby Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Dried Cherries
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 10-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese, crumbled
- Melt the butter in a small skillet. Add the almonds and cook over moderately high heat, stirring constantly, until golden, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the sour cherries and almonds. Add the vinaigrette and toss well. Add the goat cheese, toss the salad lightly and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.