Baby Spinach and Papaya Salad with Curry Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
The Good News Both the spinach and the papaya in this wonderfully savory salad are loaded with folate and vitamins A and C. The pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top are a good source of iron.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds peeled, seeded papaya, cut into 1-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 cup salted roasted pumpkin seeds
- In a blender, combine the oil, soy sauce, honey, vinegar and curry powder and blend until emulsified. Season the dressing with salt and pepper and pour into a large bowl. Add the papaya and spinach to the dressing and toss well. Sprinkle the salad with the pumpkin seeds and serve.
Notes One Serving 242 cal, 17 gm fat, 2.5 gm sat fat, 22 gm carb, 4.3 gm fiber.