Baby Romaine Salad with Spicy Lime Dressing and Cilantro
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 serrano chile, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra–virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 5–ounce package baby romaine lettuce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallion greens
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, garlic and serrano chile and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Discard the garlic and chile and slowly whisk the olive oil into the lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Add the baby romaine, cherry tomatoes, ricotta salata, scallion greens and cilantro and toss well. Season the salad with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.