Baby Romaine Salad with Spicy Lime Dressing and Cilantro
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 serrano chile, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra–virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 5–ounce package baby romaine lettuce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallion greens
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, garlic and serrano chile and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Discard the garlic and chile and slowly whisk the olive oil into the lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Add the baby romaine, cherry tomatoes, ricotta salata, scallion greens and cilantro and toss well. Season the salad with salt and pepper and serve immediately.