- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, preferably Banyuls
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 cups packed assorted baby lettuces (about 6 ounces)
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled—small berries halved, large ones quartered
- 4 ounces feta (preferably French), crumbled (1 cup)
- 1 cup smoked almonds, chopped
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, honey, shallot and vinegar. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the lettuces in a large bowl. Add the strawberries, feta and almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.
Bright, berry-scented rosé echoes the strawberries in this summer salad. Pour a crisp, dry rosé from Provence.