- 2 cups seedless watermelon chunks (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Champagne or white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 loose cups baby leaf lettuce or 3 heads Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup snipped chives
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup pitted Picholine olives, halved (3 ounces)
- In a blender or food processor, puree 1/2 cup of the watermelon chunks. Strain the juice through a fine sieve into a large bowl. You should have about 2 tablespoons. Discard the solids.
- Whisk the olive oil and white wine vinegar into the watermelon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the lettuce, onion, chives, parsley, olives and the remaining 1 1/2 cups of watermelon chunks and toss gently. Transfer the salad to a large platter and serve right away.
One Serving 94 cal, 7 gm total fat, 0.7 gm saturated fat, 7 gm carb, 2 gm fiber.