- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 cups loosely packed assorted baby greens, such as red oak leaf, arugula and mizuna (about 10 ounces)
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, boil the apple cider over high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 10 minutes; let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the reduced apple cider with the vinegar and shallot. Whisk in the mustard and oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the baby greens and toss. Divide the salad among 10 plates and serve.
The vinaigrette can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Small wedges of cheese.
A rich and buttery Chardonnay is ideal with the simple salad. Opt for one from Washington's Columbia Valley.