- 1 large Hass avocado, halved and pitted
- 6 small tomatillos (about 9 ounces), husks removed, rinsed and quartered
- 2 jalapeños, seeded
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 2 green onions
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the avocado, tomatillos, jalapeños, cilantro, green onions, and garlic and process for about 10 seconds, or until creamy but still chunky.
Transfer the salsa to a medium bowl, stir in the lime juice, orange juice, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill well before serving.
The salsa is best served within 4 hours; it will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before using, stir to redistribute.