- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Vegetarians can enjoy this fun riff on steak tartare, in which finely diced avocados are seasoned with all of the same ingredients as the meaty classic: capers, onions, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 small jalapeño, minced
- 3 drops of Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium Hass avocados, peeled and finely diced
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
- In a medium bowl, stir the olive oil with the onion, mustard, lemon juice, capers, parsley. Stir in the jalapeño and Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the avocados. Mound the tartare in the center of plates and place a dollop of mustard in the center of each mound. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.