- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium Hass avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 8 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. On a lightly floured work surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough to a 12-inch round. Transfer the dough to a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and brush with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Transfer the crust to a rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the onions and sugar and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened and deep golden, about 15 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Top the crust with the caramelized onions, avocado slices, olives and anchovies and serve.