Avocado, Orange and Jicama Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Feta is a fun, briny addition to this salad's Mexican mix of jicama, avocado and cilantro.
- 3 navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small jicama (1 pound)peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 Hass avocados, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Using a sharp knife, peel the oranges, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a small bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections.
- Squeeze the membranes over a bowl to extract the juice. Whisk in the lime juice, vinegar, oil and cayenne; season with salt and pepper. Add the jicama and let stand for 15 minutes. Fold in the orange sections, avocado, feta and cilantro; serve.