- 2 pounds ripe Hass avocados, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups cold chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a blender or food processor, puree the avocados with the chicken stock until smooth. Add the milk and lime juice and puree until blended. Season with salt and black pepper. Ladle the soup into large bowls, garnish with the crabmeat, cilantro and cayenne and serve.
Make AheadThe soup can be refrigerated for 4 hours before serving.
This thick, rich and silky soup calls for an equally creamy-textured big Chardonnay from New Zealand. Pick one with bright fruit to highlight the hints of lime in the soup.