- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2 1/2 cups
For a new twist on the usual hummus or guacamole, try this delicious mash-up of the two. It's great with crudités, crackers and corn chips, or as a sandwich spread.
- 2 medium Hass avocados, peeled and chopped
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Assorted crudités, bread and tortilla chips, for serving
- In a food processor, puree the avocados with the chickpeas, lemon juice and tahini. Add the 1/2 cup of oil and puree until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the dip to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve with crudités, bread and chips.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.