- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- In a bowl, toss the cherry tomatoes with the 1/2 cup of olive oil, shallot, mint, cilantro, vinegar and crushed red pepper. Season the salsa with salt and black pepper.
- Light a grill. On a lightly floured work surface, press and stretch each piece of dough to an 8-inch oval and brush with olive oil. Grill two dough ovals over moderately high heat, turning once, until puffed and lightly charred, 5 minutes. Transfer to a work surface. Repeat with the remaining dough. Spoon the salsa over the flatbreads and top with the feta and avocado. Cut the flatbreads into wedges and serve right away.
The cherry tomato salsa can stand at room temperature for 6 hours.