- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 2 Hass avocados—peeled, pitted and chopped
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
Fill a bowl with ice water. Put the eggs in a medium saucepan, add enough water to cover by 2 inches and bring to a boil. Cover the pan, remove it from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain the eggs and immediately add them to the ice water bath until thoroughly chilled. Drain the eggs and peel them, then coarsely chop.
In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt with the olive oil, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the celery, onion and tarragon, then fold in the chopped eggs and avocados. Season the egg salad with salt and pepper and serve.
The avocado egg salad can be well wrapped and refrigerated for up to 1 day.