- 1 large baguette, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices (32 slices total)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 oil-packed anchovies, drained
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 Hass avocados—halved, pitted and thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and arrange them on 2 baking sheets. Bake the baguette slices for about 8 minutes, until they are lightly browned and just crisp.
Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the parsley leaves, garlic, anchovies and the 3/4 cup of olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Top the baguette toasts with the avocado slices and arrange on 2 platters. <strong>For Kids</strong> Sprinkle salt on the crostini on one platter. Serve. <strong>For Adults</strong> Drizzle the parsley pesto over the crostini on the other platter. Serve.
The parsley pesto can be refrigerated overnight.
Lively, peach-scented, unoaked Chardonnay from California.