- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 1/3 cups
This delicately creamy and briny mousse is a clever combination of Grace Parisi's two favorite dipsguacamole and taramasalata (the salty, tangy, roe-rich Greek recipe).
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoshalved, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sturgeon-style caviar, such as paddlefish, hackleback, or California osetra (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, puree the avocados with the goat cheese, cream, lemon zest and lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl. Fold in the caviar and chives and season with salt and pepper.
Make AheadCover the mousse directly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Serve WithBrioche toasts, grissini, pita crisps, steamed shrimp or sliced raw vegetables, such as celery, endive and cucumbers.