© Jonathan Lovekin
Avocado-and-Shrimp Salad with Red Goddess Dressing
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Chef Jonathan Waxman makes his tangy goddess dressing red instead of the classic green, using red bell peppers for color and flavor.
Slideshow: More Summer Salad Recipes
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 head of lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Hass avocados, cut into wedges
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- In a blender, combine the roasted pepper, shallot, garlic, jalapeño, yogurt, vinegar and lemon juice and puree until smooth. Scrape the puree into a medium bowl and whisk in 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season with salt.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the cilantro leaves, lime juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil; season with salt. Arrange the dressed lettuce, avocado wedges and shrimp on plates and drizzle with some of the dressing. Serve the remaining Red Goddess dressing on the side.
Make AheadThe dressing can be refrigerated overnight.
Lively Provençal rosé.