Avocado and Pumpkin Seed Salsa
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 4 CUPS
The toasted pumpkin seeds give this salsa a great, crunchy texture.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (4 ounces)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chile, minced
- 3 large ripe firm Hass avocados, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the pumpkin seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Roast the bell pepper over a gas flame until charred all over. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 5 minutes. Peel, stem and seed the pepper; cut it into 1/2-inch dice.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice with the garlic and chile. Stir in the pumpkin seeds, bell pepper and avocados. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.