- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Since people in Cuba don't usually have ready access to salad greens, Lourdes Castro says, many will start a meal with this simple avocado salad instead. Cubans tend to use Florida avocados, which are widely available in the Caribbean; they're larger and smoother than Hass avocados, stay bright green when ripe and have a mild, slightly sweet flavor.
- 1 Florida avocado or 3 Hass avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Arrange the avocado slices on a platter and top with the onion. Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.