- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 10-ounce heads of butter lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch dice
How to make this recipe
To prepare the vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, agave nectar, cumin, chile powder and jalapeño in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the lettuce leaves, mango, red onion and cilantro with vinaigrette. Divide among 8 bowls and top with the avocado.