Avocado and Lobster Salad
- SERVINGS: 4
- Two 1 1/2-pound lobsters
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch watercress (6 ounces), large stems discarded
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the lobsters until they turn bright red, about 13 minutes. Drain and let cool. Twist off the tails and claws. Crack the claws and remove the meat; cut into large pieces. Using kitchen scissors, slit the tail shells lengthwise up the center and remove the tail meat. Remove the black intestinal tract and discard. Cut the tail meat into 1-inch medallions. Cover and refrigerate the lobster meat.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar with the soy sauce, ginger and sugar. Whisk in the oil until emulsified, then season with salt and pepper. Add the watercress and lobster and toss gently, then add the avocado and toss just until dressed. Serve chilled.
A Chardonnay-rich sparkling wine from California with brisk acidity will echo the sweetness of the lobster and balance the salty soy and peppery watercress flavors.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.