- 3 Hass avocados
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 seeded serrano chile or unseeded jalapeño, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, coarsely mash the avocados with a fork. Fold in the sour cream, basil, garlic, lemon juice, lime juice, chile and shallot. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The avocado aioli can be covered with plastic wrap pressed directly onto the surface and refrigerated overnight.