- 3 quarts chicken stock, boiled down to 9 cups
- 2/3 cup rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, from about 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or dill
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
How to make this recipe
- In a large saucepan, bring the stock to a boil over moderately high heat. Add the rice and salt. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is just tender, about 25 minutes. Add the lemon juice, parsley and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Bring the soup just to a boil and slowly pour it into the eggs, whisking constantly so that the eggs do not curdle. Serve at once.
This creamy soup will pair well with the acidity, fruit and slight sweetness of a Kabinett Riesling from the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer region in Germany.