- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh grape juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 4 medium heads of radicchio (about 2 pounds), torn into large pieces
- 4 Belgian endives, cored and torn into large pieces
- 2 Granny Smith appleshalved, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups seedless red or purple grapes (about 1/2 pound)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. toast the chopped walnuts on a small baking sheet for about 7 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar and grape juice. Stir in the oils. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the chopped mint.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the radicchio with the endives, apples, grapes and toasted walnuts. Add the dressing to coat.
The walnuts can be toasted and kept at room temperature for up to 4 days.