Autumn Salad with Radicchio, Apples and Grapes
- SERVINGS: 12
This colorful salad from the Frescobaldi kitchen features a sweet and tart dressing made with fresh grape juice; to make the juice, squeeze several seedless grapes over a bowl.
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh grape juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 4 medium heads of radicchio (about 2 pounds), torn into large pieces
- 4 Belgian endives, cored and torn into large pieces
- 2 Granny Smith appleshalved, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups seedless red or purple grapes (about 1/2 pound)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. toast the chopped walnuts on a small baking sheet for about 7 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar and grape juice. Stir in the oils. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the chopped mint.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the radicchio with the endives, apples, grapes and toasted walnuts. Add the dressing to coat.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.