Autumn Salad with Radicchio, Apples and Grapes
- SERVINGS: 12
This colorful salad from the Frescobaldi kitchen features a sweet and tart dressing made with fresh grape juice; to make the juice, squeeze several seedless grapes over a bowl.
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh grape juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 4 medium heads of radicchio (about 2 pounds), torn into large pieces
- 4 Belgian endives, cored and torn into large pieces
- 2 Granny Smith appleshalved, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups seedless red or purple grapes (about 1/2 pound)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. toast the chopped walnuts on a small baking sheet for about 7 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar and grape juice. Stir in the oils. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the chopped mint.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the radicchio with the endives, apples, grapes and toasted walnuts. Add the dressing to coat.
Make AheadThe walnuts can be toasted and kept at room temperature for up to 4 days.