Autumn Salad of Persimmon, Pears, Grapes and Pecans
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1/2 cup pecan halves (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon walnut or hazelnut oil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 small heads of frisée (14 ounces), torn
- 1 Fuyu persimmon, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 red Bartlett pearhalved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 green pear, such as Anjou or Comicehalved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spread the pecans in a pie plate and toast for 8 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Let the nuts cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sherry vinegar, walnut oil and olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the frisée with the persimmon, pears and grapes. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Transfer the salad to a platter, garnish with the pecans and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.