- 1 1/2 ounces blended Scotch, such as Monkey Shoulder
- 1/2 ounce Calvados
- 1/4 ounce Cinnamon Syrup (see Note)
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Ice, plus 1 large cube for serving
- 1 green apple slice, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a mixing glass, combine the Scotch, Calvados, Cinnamon Syrup and bitters. Fill the glass with ice and stir briefly. Strain into a chilled rocks glass over the large ice cube and garnish with the apple slice.
Cinnamon Syrup: In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, 4 ounces water and three 2-inch cinnamon sticks broken into large pieces. Cook over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool. Discard the cinnamon. Transfer the syrup to a jar and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Makes about 8 ounces.