August Chopped Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound prepared beet salad or cooked beets
- 18 baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 pound marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- One 1-pound fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber—peeled, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 ounces pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the dressing to a small bowl and toss with the beets.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water. Cook the carrots for 5 minutes; using a slotted spoon, transfer to the ice water. Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook for 8 minutes. Drain and add to the carrots; pat dry.
- Add the carrots and potatoes to the dressing in the large bowl. Add the artichokes, fennel, radishes, cucumber, pea shoots and dill. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the salad to plates, scatter the beets on top and serve.
Crisp Spanish white.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.