- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds assorted yellow and green summer squash, such as yellow crookneck and baby zucchini, sliced lengthwise paper-thin on a mandoline
- 1 teaspoon lemon thyme leaves
- Aleppo pepper, for sprinkling (see Note)
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the lemon juice and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the sliced squash with the vinaigrette. Transfer to a large platter. Sprinkle with the lemon thyme and the Aleppo pepper and serve right away.
Turkish Aleppo pepper is a mild chile similar to ancho. It is available at specialty food shops and online at Penzeys Spices.