- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (2 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large lemon, cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (about 2 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add it to the skillet, skin side down, and cook over high heat, turning once, until golden and crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a large roasting pan, skin side up. Pour off half of the fat in the skillet. Add the zucchini, lemon and olives to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring once, until the zucchini and lemon are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the contents of the skillet to the roasting pan, spreading the vegetables around the chicken. Roast for 25 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a knife.
- Preheat the broiler. Scatter the feta on top of the chicken and zucchini and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly browned.
Serve WithCrusty bread.
Try a rich, citrusy Chardonnay.