Â© Fredrika StjÃ¤rne
Classic Potato Salad
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Baby potatoes have a naturally sweet flavor and creamy texture that's delicious in this classic recipe.
More Potato Salad Recipes
- 2 3/4 pounds baby Yukon Gold or baby red potatoes (about 2 inches each), scrubbed
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and season the water with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the vinegar and mustard and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the scallions, parsley and celery. Halve the potatoes crosswise and fold them into the dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Make AheadThe potato salad can be refrigerated up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving.