Broccoli Rabe-and-Potato Frittata
- ACTIVE: 40 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 10
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (1/2 pound), sliced 1/4-inch thick on a mandoline
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 14 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Light a grill. When the coals are hot, set a deep, 10-inch cast-iron skillet on the grill. Add the bread crumbs to the skillet and cook, stirring, until golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes. Spread the bread crumbs out on a plate and let cool.
- Add the pure olive oil to the skillet and heat until shimmering. Add the potato slices in a single layer and cook until just tender, turning once, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe in batches, stirring each batch until wilted before adding more. Stir in the extra-virgin olive oil and heat until sizzling.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Pour them into the skillet and cook, stirring gently, until beginning to set, about 1 minutes.
- Cover the grill and cook the frittata for 6 minutes. Scatter the bread crumbs on top of the frittata, cover the grill and cook for about 5 minutes longer, until the eggs are firm. Let cool for 5 minutes, then invert the frittata onto a plate. Cut into wedges and serve.
Make AheadThe frittata can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead. Serve hot or at room temperature.