- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- One 3 1/2-pound roasted chicken, meat shredded
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the shallot and cook over high heat until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the couscous. Add the stock and currants and bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan, remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
Fluff the couscous with a fork and transfer it to a large bowl. Add the chicken, parsley, almonds, lemon juice and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, toss well and serve immediately.