Smoky Sweet Potato Hash with Baked Eggs and Manchego
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes (1 1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pimentón or other hot smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3 ounces manchego cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the scallions, garlic and pimentón and cook for 1 minute. Season the hash with salt and pepper and transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish. Bake the hash for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Using the back of a spoon, make 4 wells in the hash. Crack an egg into each well, season lightly with salt and pepper and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake the eggs for 18 minutes, or until the whites are firm and the yolks are still runny. Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.