- One 1-pound loaf of seeded rye bread, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 10 ounces kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/4 cups sauerkraut, drained well
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread with 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Toast for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges. Transfer the bread to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard with the vinegar and the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the kielbasa and cook until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sauerkraut and cook until warm. Add the sausage and sauerkraut to the bread cubes, pour the dressing on top and toss well. Season with pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.