Pizza with Pancetta, Poached Eggs and Arugula Salad
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes one 14-inch pizza
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches of arugula (1/2 pound), thick stems discarded
- Set a pizza stone on the bottom of the oven and preheat the oven to 500°.
- On a lightly floured work surface, stretch and roll the pizza dough into a 14—inch round. Transfer the dough to a floured pizza peel, shaking it to make sure it doesn't stick. Brush the edge of the dough with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle on the rosemary. Arrange the pancetta slices on the dough, overlapping them slightly. Bake the pizza for 8 minutes, until the dough is golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, bring a deep medium skillet of water to a simmer. Crack the eggs into individual cups and slide them to the water. Poach the eggs in the simmering water for 4 minutes, until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. In a large bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil with the lemon juice and the Parmigiano—Reggiano. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the arugula.
- Mound the arugula salad on top of the pizza. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to the pizza. Cut the pizza into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.