- 1 pound penne
- 2 medium tomatoes (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch dice
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 large basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the penne until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, garlic and olive oil. Puree until smooth. Pour the tomato sauce into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, add it to the sauce and toss well to coat. Serve the pasta piping hot.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.