Mortadella Involtini with Ricotta, Olives and Pistachios
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN plus chilling
- SERVINGS: MAKES 24 INVOLITINI
- 6 ounces fresh ricotta (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons salted pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 thin slices imported mortadella (1/2 pound)
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta with the olives, parsley, pistachios and jalapeño and season with salt and pepper. Lay the mortadella slices on a work surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta filling slightly below the center of each slice and roll to form tight logs. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Trim off the ends and cut each involtini into 3 pieces. Transfer the pieces to a platter cut-side up and serve.
Make AheadThe involtini can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.