Minty Peas and Carrots
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Cooked with shallots and butter, this easy side dish of peas and carrots tastes luxuriously rich. Mint adds a pleasant herby freshness here; anise-scented tarragon would be delicious too.
Slideshow: Great Carrots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the carrots and shallots and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the carrots are just tender, about 8 minutes. Add the peas and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the mint and butter. Season with salt and pepper and serve.