- 2 navel oranges
- 1 small jicama (1 1/2 pounds), peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Using a sharp knife, peel the oranges, cutting off all of the bitter white pith. Working over a medium bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections.
- Shred the jicama on the coarse side of a box grater and add to the oranges. Drizzle with the lime juice and olive oil, add the mint and toss well. Season lightly with salt and pepper and serve.
Serve with grilled shrimp or chicken.
Contributed By Melissa Rubel Jacobson Photo Published