- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 1/2-inch thick slices ciabatta
- 6 ounces Manchego cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 thin lengthwise slices cut from a small red apple
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, pulse the parsley with the walnuts until finely chopped. Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and process until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush one side of each ciabatta slice with olive oil. Turn all of the slices over and top 4 of them with half of the Manchego, the apple slices and the remaining Manchego. Spread the parsley-walnut mixture on the remaining 4 ciabatta slices and close the sandwiches.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over moderate heat. Cook the sandwiches, turning once, until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Serve at once.
Contributed By Melissa Rubel Jacobson