Fresh Linguine with Tuna and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
- 1 pound fresh linguine
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, plus 3 tablespoons reserved oil from the jar
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- One 6-ounce can imported tuna packed in olive oil, drained and flaked
- Crushed red pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- In a mini food processor, pulse the sun-dried tomatoes with the reserved oil and the the garlic until finely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and pulse to blend. Add the sauce to the pasta along with the olives, chives, tuna and the remaining 1/2 cup of cooking water. Season with crushed red pepper and toss well. Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.