Chicken Salad with Walnuts and Tarragon
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup walnuts pieces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 celery ribs with leaves from the light green inner heart, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium saucepan, cover the chicken breasts with water. Add the bay leaf and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and poach the chicken until white throughout, about 10 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Transfer the chicken to a work surface and let cool slightly, then cut into 1/2-inch dice.
- Meanwhile, in a pie plate, toast the walnuts for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the walnuts cool, then coarsely chop them.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the mustard, tarragon, chives and lemon juice. Add the chicken, walnuts and celery, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat thoroughly.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.