- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray. In a small bowl, toss the almonds with the 1 tablespoon of honey and the cinnamon until the almonds are evenly coated. In a medium bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar and the remaining 1/3 cup of honey until fluffy. At medium speed, add the eggs one at a time and beat until fully incorporated between additions. Beat in the banana and vanilla until blended. At low speed, beat in the dry ingredients in 2 batches, alternating with the milk.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin and sprinkle with the almond topping. Bake the muffins until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes, then turn them out onto a rack and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.