- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound thin green beans, halved crosswise
- 2 large Red Bliss potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup orzo
- One 9-ounce jar Italian tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, garlic and oregano. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until tender, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a colander. Add the potatoes to the pot and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to the colander. Add the orzo to the boiling water and cook until al dente; drain well.
- Add the green beans, potatoes and orzo to the dressing and toss gently to coat. Fold in the tuna, cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.