Black Olive Tapenade with Figs and Mint
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
What makes this tapenade special is the clever mix of oil- and brine-cured olives and the surprise of sweet, fresh and tangy notes from the dried figs, mint and capers.
- 3/4 cup pitted oil-cured black olives
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 6 small dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bagel chips, for serving
- In a food processor, pulse the olives, figs, capers, garlic, mint, anchovies and olive oil until the tapenade is thick and somewhat chunky. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the tapenade to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with bagel chips.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.